Saturday, July 14, 2012

Unique Crocheting

Filipinos are creative as they say. I remember my mother's younger years making curtains, blouses, bags, pen holder, made of yarns and threads. In fact  she gave my daughter a sling bag made of yarn, crocheted.  I really did realized the importance of these cute stuff because it.s all done unique.Creativity is the number one influencing factor that attracts  and is important to women. This is the we we keep our hands busy by making designs, you can create your own designs as a gift present. In that way your stress will be relieved. My mother then spend quality time making designs and believe me-she has that long patience in making. She taught me about crocheting when I was in Grade 6, she bought a very big ball of yarn to make a curtain. My God! too much yarn to buy , I think it was about 20 pcs. Those designs are simple, as a beginner.



This can be very simple, all you have to do is to buy the hook. In other words, crochet means "hook" in French. Hooks can be made of materials such as metals, woods or plastic and are commercially manufactured as well as produced by artisans. Crocheting, like knitting consists of pulling loops through other loops, but additionally incorporates wrapping the working material around the hook one or more times. Early crochet hooks ranged from primitive bent needles in a cork handle, to expensively crafted silver, brass, steel, ivory and bone hooks set into a variety of handles, some of which were better designed to show off a lady's hands than they were to work with thread. 
These are colorful samples of hook.



If you’re brand new to crochet, the vast array of available hooks, yarns,stitches and patterns can seem overwhelming. What should a beginner learn first? Which hooks and yarns should (s)he use? When there are so many options, how do you know where to start? Let's explore the possibilities.






0 comments:

Post a Comment